Night Lights

A local pulls into the wye at Moss Landing as night falls

While reinstalling the backdrop during my rebuild, I used a piece of 1x3 along the upper edge as reinforcement. Without meaning to, I created the perfect shelf to install some color change LEDs to help create night scenes. 

1x3" furring strip running along the upper portion of the backdrop. I painted it black in areas where it's visible

I purchased a set of Govee LED RGD Strip Lights to try out.  These are bluetooth enabled, and can be controlled through an app or a remote. The app allows for different modes, infinite color choices, and timers. The strips are backed with tape, so installation is just a matter of peel and stick. The only additional purchase I needed to get, was an extension cable to fit around the electrical panel. Now there aren't any visible lights or cables, just a soft glow emanating from behind the backdrop. 


Overall, I'm pleased with the result. Here's a before and after illustrating the difference. 



Products used:



Comments

Popular Posts