Skip to main content



Passenger Service To Commence Shortly

Passenger service on the PVCRR is now ready to begin (unless you need tracks to do that, in which case, they may still need to wait a bit.) The PVCRR had the following passenger equipment -

Nos. 1 - 3 - Combine
Nos. 4 - 7 - First Class Coach
Nos. 8 - 9 - Second Class Coach

Nine is a reasonable amount of cars to model over time. For starters, I thought it'd be fun to create some variety, so I went with a First Class coach and a Combination car. I've found a few pictures of the coaches, as well as plans in an issue of Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette for both the First and Second Class cars. Below I will share some of the methods I used to kitbash a few $5 swap meet finds into one-of-a-kind prototype models.

Combine #1

I used the above prototype picture to guide the modeling of the combine car. There are two major differences between the Bachmann model and the prototype - the roof ends and number of windows (7 vs. 9). These were both easy fixes.

After debating a number of …

Latest Posts

A Short One | Quick Tip #3

My favorite trees, at my favorite cost (basically free)

It's About Time

Bringing Power To The Railroad

Reassessing the Process

Bridging the Gaps in Historical Research

A little distraction, or more simply, a place to rest